Thursday, March 8, 2018

Seems I have rage issues

Been drinking a lot of coffee lately. Know what's good? A medium coffee from Tim Horton's with two milks and a shot of caramel but you bring your own travel mug so you know you're actually getting more than a medium and yeah, there's calories in the syrup but I walk two miles a day just to and from work and on my lunch break so sometimes I get a Timbit too. Cause I can.
You know what they tell you in rehab that ends up being true? That addicts who have successfully managed to stuff all their pesky emotions down for a good long time will have to experience said emotions without the salving balm of their drug of choice. Seems, in addition to being smart and sensitive, I have a rage issue. Unsurprising, really.
The other thing that happens once you start to clean up the shit show that was the last near ten years of your life (my coworker just farted and it is the second time this week) is that you expect people to treat you with the respect that you deserve, but they don't feel that you deserve it because you were a fucking asshole and did incredibly shitty things for so long.
Betcha didn't know that, did ya.
Also, I found a new job and my last day here is next Friday, so fart away coworker.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! Do tell. Rage issues eh? How are they manifesting these days? Also, Tim Horton’s is truly dire. I’m judging your taste in coffee right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you drink as much coffee as me, you can only afford Tim Hortons. Plus it's halfway between where I work and live. Not sure how I will manage at the new place which is in the middle of nowhere.

      Delete
  2. Middle of nowhere? How far is the commute? You should email your friends sometime! They may have some amazing stories to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Maybe a bit oversold on the amazing bit. Hillarious travel for work stories more like.

      Delete