Sunday, June 5, 2016

Materialism!

I don't know.  Should I break this up into two posts about what is going on or just do one really long and boring one.
Let's do a long a boring one.
No: let's do two boring ones!
First off: I have some terrible confessions to make.  I am not a materialistic person.  Lots of my clothes are at least 8 years old and I wear them routinely.  Michael does my sewing.  On most weekends I leave my apartment looking like a homeless person and I could not give a shit.  I can literally hear them grind their teeth when I show up to work in cargo pants and a fairly "nice" top to round it out.
That said, I have recently splashed out. I made a couple of purchases that I know are bad. I bought a Nixon watch which is the bomb and I coveted it the minute I saw it.
Materialistically speaking, there are only three things in life that I have ever wanted: a Lexus; a Cartier Tank watch; and a Blackberry Priv.
So I also just bought a Priv. Oh god jesus it is the shit.  I don't even like technology, but this thing is, as Michael put it, "a computer that makes phone calls".  And I don't disagree. It takes amazing photos, it keeps me organized and you really can't be wanting for anything with this phone.
Yeah, so also bough a a really blingy Nixon watch.  I am so happy with it that the Cartier Tank obsession is actually fading.
I guess now I just need that Lexus.
I AM KIDDING.

No comments:

Post a Comment