Sunday, June 5, 2016

I suck at running

This is what the end of a bad race looks like.
So, signed up for this half in Steveston.
Yeah.
Didn't go well.
I would say it was was one of my worst halfs to date, if not the worst one, full stop.
Granted: it was off the charts hot today.  It was also windy AF and that really takes the shit out of a runner.  Anyways, I finished 15th out of 84 women overall which is a very poor finish for me (usually being in the top 10%).
What a grind.  The wind was at me until the 8k mark, then it changed, and basically coming back the wind was at me again.  It was hot, hot, hot.  I have never walked so much during a half, nor have I ever seen so many other people walk as well.  It was just not a pretty scene.  I dragged my ass in with what is possibly the worst time I have ever had in 15+ halfs.  I had nothing left.  It was a debacle.
That said, it was a super well run event by MEC.  Volunteers were superb.  Everyone was excellent.  So great to chill out at Garry Point Park afterwards and collect our thoughts.
Michael - without training - placed 10th overall for men in the 10k.  He's so fucking good.
I am honestly having a really hard time with my shit half times lately. It's not age because the woman that beat me was at least five years older.  It's just discipline and training: neither of which I have been succumbing too.
Regardless, we went to the Marinaside Grill for brunch afterwards which made it all worth it.
Except now I have to burn it all off tomorrow.
Sad face.

No comments:

Post a Comment