Saturday, April 16, 2016

Kids' birthdays are fun.

Today was a fun day.  We went for a five mile run, then my mom came over and we drove out to Abbotsford to celebrate Declan's third birthday.
I can't believe it was three years ago that Michael and I were in Boston and we got the news.  Shortly after we were walking past a church and there was a sign on it that said "Congratulations: it's a boy!".  I thought that was pretty funny.
He's such a happy, funny, good little guy and has such great parents.  I am bummed that they are all moving to the Island in a few months and I even wonder if today is the last time we will see their house in Abbotsford.  They put on a great spread for everyone tonight: burgers; chips; veggies; homemade cake; and ice cream.  I am still full.
For his birthday Michael picked out a building block puzzle for him which was mostly overlooked for most of the time there, but, after his father (wearing black socks, no less) chased him and his cousins around the house for a while, he calmed down a little and started to really enjoy the blocks, especially knocking them all down afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment