Thursday, April 7, 2016

But of course.

You know that day when you've got a haircut scheduled and you actually have a really great hair day and then you kind of wonder if you should cancel your appointment?  Well the last couple of days have been like that for me.
I met with the recruiter on Monday and she basically said what I already know: that I am lucky to walk to work; that I get paid really well; and that four day work weeks are hard to come by.  Still, she will look for me.
And then yesterday at lunch my boss told me not to bother coming back in the afternoon.  I thought I was getting fired or something but she said that I had been coughing so much and sick for so long that I should just go home and rest, so I did (well, after catching up on Mad Men).  Today she was nice to me as well, and asked how I was feeling.  Even the receptionist has backed off a little bit, so - sadly - it's make me anxious and kind of weirded out.
Ah well.  Tomorrow is Friday.  No big plans for the weekend except dinner with a friend and a 15k run at race pace on Sunday.  Hopefully I will be 100% by then.
So that's that.  Gotta plan our vacation to Toronto and London soon.  Looking forward to going back.  We're sort of interested in housing prices back east as well.  We sure as shit can't retire here.  Well, I guess we can, but it means staying in our 620 square foot apartment, which actually isn't all that bad.  First world problems and all that, right?
Well, I should wrap up and head out.  Book club tonight.  Nothing says sexy like book club.  It was a good book, though A Tale for the Time Being - hopefully it leads to an interesting discussion.
Peace out.

4 comments:

  1. Anything I can do to help with the Toronto vacation, just shout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we'll be pretty set. A few days in Yorkville and then we're going to London and will be using Michael's sister's place as a launching pad to check out all the cool little towns around. If there are any that you think are "must sees", let me know!

      Delete
    2. Elora (and its gorge), and St. Jacob's (farmers'/flea market), halfway between Toronto and London, and of course Stratford which is closer to London. That should keep you busy for a few minutes ;-) Will check with friends in London to see what they think.

      Delete
  2. My hair always behaves itself right before a haircut, like it's saying "don't cut me!!!" Jody's been dealing with recruiters for the last 4 months. He just started a new job in San Antonio. Here we go again! God help me if I have to retire here, I hate it. 20 years is too long.

    ReplyDelete