Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I ate all the meats

Penticton sucks.
Spent Thanksgiving with the in-laws in Penticton.  Having missed innumerable Thanksgiving dinners due to marathons, I gotta say: it's nice to sit around and eat instead of running 42.2k.  Speaking of 42.2k, check out this brutal video of the guy in the lead at the Victoria Marathon this past weekend.  He didn't win it, needless to say.
And speaking of eating, holy meat, Batman.  We rarely eat meat these days thanks to Forks Over Knives, and on our first day there we had eggs and bacon, and then pork for dinner.  Yowsa.  Thanksgiving dinner was great, but when you really get down to it: turkey - really?  Turkey isn't actually great.  It's kind of bland and always a little dry and it's fairly tasteless.  Turkey is like waffles: it's just a vehicle for you to load up with a bunch of bad shit before you shovel it into your pie hole.  I mean, if you truly loved waffles you would eat them without the butter, whipping cream and syrup.  Amirite?
Anyways, the weather was really great with the exception of Saturday.  It was nice to catch up with family and to just relax and bomb around town.  I always enjoy how laid back Penticton is and I always hate leaving.  I'd love to live there if I could.  Driving back into town just before rush hour was a shit show, and now I'm back to assholes blowing through red lights in a bid to get to the Ironworker's bridge in a hurry so they can hurry up and sit in traffic.  And the car alarms.  And the homeless guy sleeping in our parkade.  And the construction.  LOVE IT.
In other news, the Jays won today and I can't believe it's been over 20 years since they won the series.  How freaking old am I?  Jaysus.  Then again, I'm still all about the '94 Canucks and I think there is still a chance for Trevor Linden and I.  So dreamy.


No comments:

Post a Comment