Saturday, April 4, 2015

Atheists at Easter

Michael is a lapsed Catholic. 
I tried the whole God thing - sang in a Presbyterian choir, went to a Baptist youth group - but it didn't take.  And also they didn't want me.  I was the kid at bible camp that said "how come dinosaurs aren't in the bible?" which they never did answer.
Anyways, I go to Michael for all my religious questions because he generally knows the answer.  This weekend I asked him for the run down on the chain of Jesus events.  Christ was crucified on Friday and was resurrected on Sunday (I had to look that up - like, what is the Monday for then?). 
I asked what happened on Saturday, and Michael said Jesus sneaked out and went shopping.
 In other news, if you haven't been watching Derek on Netflix, you ought to.  It's a brilliant show.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Happy Easter. Did you happen to read where the eggs and Easter bunny play into it? I've heard it's the Pegan part of the celebration. Shhhhh don't tell the Baptist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man: I'll have to Google that. ;)

    ReplyDelete