Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fill your boots (with love)

Been here about three years now.  I find I'm not blogging that much anymore and I've sort of wondered why that is.
I think for a long time this was a bit of a travel diary, a bit of a confession, and a bit of a documentation of my life.
I've nothing left to confess, not that I actually ever confessed anything of real value here to begin with.  The things that I needed to work through I've worked through.
I'll still document my travels, and maybe occasionally my life, but not here anymore.
It has been an incredible last three years: splitting up with Michael; engaging in no shortage of hi jinks; running Boston in 2013; my awesome nephew being born; joining the executive in my building; taking a year off work; going to Europe; being an extra on Fifty Shades of Grey; getting engaged and getting married (to Michael, no less).
And those are just the big ticket items.
Thanks for reading and for the comments.
Not sure what witticism to leave you with.
Go Bruins?

9 comments:

  1. Awww, Duder, say it ain't so. One of the little joys of my life has been reading your blog, usually first thing in the morning while you, out on the right coast, are still soundly asleep. Please keep writing, even if it isn't here, because you have a natural talent for it (even if you're speling and punctuation, are occasionally a little off, says this former editor). And I'm not going to retort with a "go Leafs go" 'cause it seems Sisyphean (and you can look that up in your Funk and Wagnalls). So, instead, it'll be "sail on, sail on sailor."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, and thanks for reading! Sail on, I shall. :)

      Delete
  2. . . . . er, left coast. I had the map upside down . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL: I'm pretty sure I'm on the "right" coast. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!! But I understand, I mostly use my own blog to keep the blogs I follow in one handy place. I will miss your writing and your wit. I still hope to hear one of your short stories on my commute on the Selected Shorts Podcast. You know they are having a short story contest.... you should submit the story about the shooting in the restaurant. That was a good one.

    Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith! I will keep in touch. Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  5. Believe it or not, I read it your blog sporadically and it's sad to learn you're leaving us. Good luck with whatever you set your mind to in life.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  6. >"joining the executive in my building"
    Seriously?

    You can't confess because you lost anonymity, to be free, you must be anonymous.
    To be free you cannot be significant, or people will destroy your freedom.
    I am not free either of course, my cage shrinks every day.

    I thought Maria was free, and hence the draw, and hence I read this as an offshoot, but I was wrong.
    I seem to be wrong a lot these days. More wrong every day.

    Still, not long now. :)

    ReplyDelete