Saturday, November 22, 2014

An encore... and I guess you're not quite rid of me yet

Okay, I'm back.
Maybe I was a little premature on closing this bad boy down because it does give me a certain release, and it also helps me to document life (such as it is).
Also, the other blog I created was more of a restaurant critique blog, so I don't think it was an appropriate venue to showcase my thoughts and feelings on things like Mormons, happiness and dropping the F bomb at work.
Fundamentally, what impelled me to write tonight was the movie Happy.  My brother recommended it to me some time ago.  This is the guy that said to me, while we were waiting at the Bellingham airport for our flight to Las Vegas, that when he was at work he just sometimes felt genuinely happy to have a roof over his head while at work five days a week.
Full disclosure: I do this weird thing where I think about how I could live out of my car if it "came down to it".
So Happy.  When people recommend stuff to me I'm normally like "yeah: I'll take that under advisement".
If you haven't seen the movie, I really do recommend watching it.  It's not really going to teach you anything that you don't already know (unless you're an asshole), but it's a nice way to reassess your life, appreciate where you are and maybe feel compelled to go out and do some good for others.

4 comments:

  1. She's ba-a-ack! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! And thanks for the movie recommendation, I'm making my list for Thanksgiving Day (we don't do football in this house.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched Happy after you recommended it - it was really good. I might watch it again, actually, and see what else I can take from it that I could begin applying to my own life.

    Also, hurrah for encores!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah my brother recommended it. I guess he knew it was a movie I might benefit from, LOL.

    ReplyDelete