Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Vancouver life

Nothing like putting in an eight hour day and then battling traffic for fifty minutes (for a commute under 15k, I believe) only to return to... cat vomit!
I almost binned the evening.  By the time I fed the fucker, cleaned out the fucker's litter box, and cleaned up the vomit I was pretty much like "whatever", but I preserved and made it to the gym and I'm a better person for it.
Also, it alleviated the stress and so Felix is still alive which is a huge bonus.  For him.
Aw.  But he's not a fucker.  He's such a trooper that has been a part of our family for more than fifteen years.  And now he's a bit feeble because he has a wonky leg and so I help him hop up on beds and couches and try and talk to him a lot.
He'll not be around much longer, but I just think about the time he has spent with our family and what it must be like to have once been a mouser and now to be relegated to a 4th floor condo overlooking a pond where a bunch of ducks hang out.  He's lost his freedom to roam and his independence and has a rather regimented life which I can't seem to understand at all.
Cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment