Sunday, July 30, 2017

Quebec City, Day Seven: Au revoir!

For our last full day in Quebec City we went for another run, this time along the path that we had cycled when we crossed over the St. Lawrence and came back on the other side. We ran a few miles and then had to climb a massive set of stairs to get up into the old city, where we ran along the Grande Allee and subsequent side streets checking out some of the old houses there.
Afterward, we grabbed a coffee at Starbucks (I know, I know) on Rue Cartier and just people watched for a while which was fun.
Went home, cleaned up and went to the Musee de Civilisation Quebec which was comme ci comme ca. The featured exhibit was of Herge, which was the nome de plume of Georges Remi who was the author of "Tin Tin". Maybe my head wasn't really into it, but I didn't find the exhibits that great and I'm glad we weren't there for more than a couple of hours. Nothing really sticks in my head except for the exhibition about brains which was pretty fascinating.
After this we went back and I fell asleep (second day in a row for that!) and then we got up and headed back to the Plains of Abraham to see Bowie Revisited. We brought a little meal of meat and cheese and bread and just chilled in the grass and watched the band for over an hour: they were fantastic and I highly recommend seeing them if they're ever in your area. It was such a perfect night and a great end our to our trip.
I haven't been to too many Canadian cities, but I have to say that Quebec city is my favourite. The people were friendly, the food was great, the sites were fantastic, there was so much to do and everyone seemed to be in a good mood.
Can't believe the trip has come to an end.


1 comment:

  1. Presuming you're home (the au revoir is a bit of a clue), is the smoke affecting your running?

    ReplyDelete