Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Rilly?

I smile a lot when I am not at work.
Not much going on as of late. Just more of the same: work; eat; sleep; run; repeat. Did make it over to the Island to see my brother and his family this past weekend which was nice. The little guy is growing up fast.
In other news, I went home for lunch today and Michael was there. I was a bit out of sorts because the entire office left for lunch with the exception of myself and my coworker. Indeed, I was still expecting an invite when my boss meandered over and said "Oh. Would you like..." and here I thought she was going to say "to join us for lunch?" but she instead finished with "me to lock the elevator?". I said yeah, sure.
The office manager, who is the nastiest person I have come across in my entire 40 year life span, came by to faux sympathize with me not being asked to lunch. I smiled as I always do and said it wasn't even a thing.
I asked my coworker if he was offended at not being asked to go for lunch and he said that our boss would sometimes ask him to stay behind to answer the phones. First of all: we have voicemail. Secondly: what is the point of answering the phone when there is no one here to take the call? Thirdly: we get like 30 phone calls a day. It's not a big thing.
Anyways, the long and short of it is that Michael says I shouldn't be surprised by this odd behaviour, nor should I take it personally. And he is right. But it's pretty hard not to take it personally when six people fuck off for an arbitrary lunch and you are pointedly excluded.
And that is my story for today.

2 comments:

  1. That's bullshit, your coworkers are assholes. Stay behind to watch the phones? Poor leadership.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Time to look a little more seriously.

      Delete