Thursday, February 23, 2017

People, and why I don't like them

I find it amazing how mean and/or inept people get so far in life.  I consider myself fairly nice and am quite competent at my job, and yet people who are rude and stupid and who bully seem to do just as well professionally as I do, if not better.
It’s got to be exhausting to continually be a tremendous bitch.  So much wasted energy.  Sometimes, when I get mad about something, I just think “I’m too tired to react to this thing, or do anything about it”, because in the grand scheme of things we are all just little specs in the universe and are here for just a blip.  No one will remember who I was in 100 years.  Why spend a good chunk of your life being miserable and then making other peoples’ lives miserable?
Then again, Trump was elected president, so everything I think is useless.
Ah well, the week is almost over, the sun is shining and perhaps my coworker will get a horrific hangnail and then get a lot of salt in it, or something.
Positive thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. When I started this job 4 years ago (at the new school) I was told by one of the parents in a heavy Spanish accent "ju chould queet jur job! Ju have NO passion for eeet!" I think she meant compassion, just because I wouldn't quickly grant her wish to yank her child off the bus as it was pulling away from the school. I'm not in the habit of chasing school buses down the road. Now 4 years later, she thinks I'm her best friend. As for being a bitch, I have now started asking people if I look like someone who gives a fuck. Don't hate me because of the way I voted..... I just can't stand Killery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I could never hate you. :)

    ReplyDelete