Monday, December 12, 2016

Still 40.

Currently a friend that I've known since Grade 1 is in Vegas with her husband celebrating her 40th. 
Gotta say, a little disappointed with the coming and going of mine.  All said, however, I guess it's on me: if I had friends I suppose they would have given a shit.  My bad for removing the date from FB.
For my birthday (on Wednesday) my husband went out to get sushi and we rented a movie on iTunes.
In my head, for my birthday, I rented a high end Lexus and drove it on some winding, treacherous road and then had a wonderful meal with great food and wine and music and company.
In reality, my mother delivered flowers to me at work and no one even asked what they were for.
My husband bought me a Corningware baking dish to replace the two that he inadvertently dumped off at the Salvation Army.  Not unlike the time he bought me a hairdryer on Valentine's Day (?) to replace the one his sister broke while staying with us.
Spent the weekend with my mom, babysitting Declan.  He is a fun little guy and it was nice to spend time with family.
Yeah, I know: we all have our shit.
Bring on Christmas.
I hate this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment