Monday, October 24, 2016

Keep on rockin' in the free world

View of Okanagan Lake from the hills behind my MIL's place.
Okay.  I lied a little bit when I said I sleep in my own bed sometimes as we've just come from a week in Penticton.  Whistler, the Island, the Okanagan: everyone lives like this, right?
So unless the buyer pulls out (and forfeits their 20k in trust... which I wouldn't necessarily mind) I am pretty much living in someone else's joint right now.
Tonight we are going to sign a tenancy agreement for a two bedroom apartment a couple of blocks away.  Wood frame.  Old, but they renovated the suite.  Top floor in the corner.  Hopefully my neighbours aren't a bunch of degenerate fucktards, but at the price we're paying I think we've weeded out most of that lot.
Not too shabby a day for October.
I'm aiming to be out by the end of the month so the buyer can bump up the possession date and I can get my cash sooner.  Not that I can do anything with cash except park it somewhere and watch it disappoint me daily like the fucking Maple Leafs.
In more important news, I cut my hair off and died it blonde.  Every once in a while I kind of do something like get a nose piercing or a tattoo or buy a car or quit my job for a year and be an extra in a film and go to Europe.  I guess it's boredom.  Or trying to reinvent myself.  Or trying to figure out what the point of everything is.
Maybe if you have a kid you know the point of life is your kid, but I don't think so because I know people that have kids and still do some pretty insane stuff.
I care less, right now.
I look really pissed off.  So that's about right.
I'm going to be 40 in a little while and I'm tired of the hoop jumping and the pleasing and boring people.
And I jump through hoops and try and please people who likely think I am boring.
Maybe I am boring.
There are a few people out there who think I'm not.  They all fit into a two man kayak.
Anyways.  I'm not looking forward to moving: it's a pain in the ass.
I am, however, looking forward to no one asking me about my vacation when I go into work tomorrow.
And of course, not noticing my hair.
Final thought: Jeffrey Dean Morgan.  Amirite?  And I'm still just watching The Good Wife.
Naturally, though, he and his similarly aged wife divorced and he married a 34 year old.
Shocker.
Would still do.

No comments:

Post a Comment