Monday, September 12, 2016

Whistler Gran Fondo Weekend

Lost Lake, Whistler.
Went up to Whistler with Po last Friday night as Michael was doing the Forte distance on the Saturday.  There were some worries about the weather but it ended up being more or less perfect.  Michael was six minutes slower that the prior time he did this (longer, harder) distance, but this year he didn't have the opportunity to train as much as he would have liked thanks to getting a late start to training and his insane working hours.
Po took the Greyhound home late Saturday afternoon and then Michael (after napping) and I went for dinner at the same place I'd been with Po the night before - Harajuku - because we couldn't get into the Keg.  Man, if you ever in Whistler and are looking for cheap, excellent eats I can't recommend Harajuku enough.
Afterward we went back to the Athlete's Village to see Steven Page and The Odds.  I think this was maybe my sixth time up there for the Fondo party and this was, by far, the best concert.  I've always loved The Odds and Steven Page puts on a great, funny, introspective performance and his voice sounds great.
Wandered around Lost Lake a little bit the next morning and then came back home.  Not before I signed us both up for next year's Fondo, of course.





No comments:

Post a Comment