Monday, July 25, 2016

Day Nine: Back to London

The theatre/church.
Left Collingwood today and our first stop was Orangeville because we both had to pee.  What a great town!  The main drag was busy with a well landscaped and maintained median.  We popped in to Mochaberry and used their washroom and had a couple of coffees: great place.  Excellent coffee and I think we got the last seat in the house.
On the main drag there was a theatre which, when we got closer, we noticed had been converted into a church.  I thought that was pretty cool and it kind of makes sense when you think about a theatre's layout.
Orangeville
We stopped in at Fergus next.  The buildings there were a different color than what we'd been experiencing thus far - they were more grey - and it had a bit of a European flavour to it which tracks because it was settled by Scots.  It had a nice walkway that went along the river behind the shops with some old stairs that led directly down to the water.
Our next stop was Elora which was very close to Fergus.  We stopped in because Michael had heard the Elora Gorge was something to see.  Again, it had a bit of a European flavour to it and again, the shops were built right up along the river.  It was much more touristy than Fergus, and their tourism centre seemed almost brand new.  The girl there was super nice and advised us to avoid paying park fees and mapped out how to get to the Gorge for free.  We like free.  We saw the Tooth of Time, which is a tiny island in the midst of all this rushing water.
Fergus
Finally we hit Stratford, which looks amazing, but we didn't have a chance to stay long as we learned that Michael's sister from Toronto who had us over for dinner earlier in our trip had made the trip to London and would be joining us for dinner.  We grabbed a quick coffee and loved what we saw, but as we will be going back on Wednesday to see "A Chorus Line", we weren't worried about missing out.
The Tooth of Time, Elora Gorge
Rolled into London around 5:30 and had the most amazing meal of pasta and homemade pesto (with basil from my sister in law's garden), chicken Parmesan and salad.  It was so, so good.
She then cranked the tunes and the two little ones wanted to "dance".  I confessed I wasn't much for dancing so I swung the older one around by her hands and that was it.  It was one girl after another wanting to be swung round and round which I did until I was literally dizzy.  My arms hurt already and it's not even "the next day".  It was hilarious.
Then the oldest felt it was her duty to make me "comfortable" so she wrapped my scarf around me, put a blanket over my legs, propped me up with a pillow and brought me my glass of water and my Blackberry.  These kids kill me.  The youngest thought that we were leaving again for the night so came over and let me know that we could stay over if we wanted.  It was very cute.
Hugs all around, some funny pictures and videos, and then it was off to bed.
Tomorrow we have no plans.  Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment