Monday, November 30, 2015

Pre birthday week, tho.

All hail that time of year where I grow another year older, wiser and more beautiful.  I'm winning at this game called Life.  I even have a Compass card now.  And possibly a Nexus card, but it should be here by now and it's not, so I've likely been declined because of that angry letter I wrote to George Bush once.  God I hated that guy.
So, been a shit time with Michael's work of late.  He's been putting in massive hours which is never easy.  Plus they want to possibly relocate his office in June of next year so we're not sure how that's going to play out since he doesn't want to commute (nor do I blame him).  This may mean a move to the burbs, or him working from home.  The next six months should prove interesting.
My job is a psychological experiment gone awry.  I'll just leave it at that.  I'm grateful I have a great therapist that guided me through the first few months.  Unfortunately I can no longer afford to see her.  Wine is cheaper.  I don't think I will ever understand people.  Perhaps I'm the odd (wo)man out, but I'm just constantly aghast at people's behaviour.  Maybe I should go live on a remote Gulf Island or something.
Today was a good day.  Slept in a bit.  Went for a nice eight mile run in the cold sunshine.  Met up with my Nana and her husband for coffee before heading over to see my family at my mom's for dinner.  Declan.  Wow, that kid.  If someone had guaranteed that I would have a kid like him if I had chosen to have kids, I probably would have had a kid.  Too late now, I suppose, but I saw a really neat Border Collie in the park today?
It was funny watching my brother with his son.  When Michael and I were on our run we ran past a soccer game that was letting out, and a mother and her daughter were chatting on their way back to the car.  Michael commented that it was kind of a funny concept: the mother was having a conversation with a miniature version of herself.
So it was fun to see Jay with the miniature version of himself today.  He is a much more loving and affectionate and attentive father than our father was which I find interesting.  One of the first things he said when we all met up in the parkade at my mom's place was "Can you go give T- a hug?" and sure enough the little guy ran over and gave me a hug even though I haven't seen him since June.
I guess my point is that it's really nice to see that my brother and his partner have created such a happy and loving environment for the person they brought into the world, versus being a 38 year old that tries to finger bad drivers while wearing pink breast cancer mittens (that maybe happened yesterday) and who thinks Jessica Jones is the best Marvel superhero.
Anyways, please enjoy a video of my wonderful nephew having a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment