Monday, November 30, 2015

Belated things I am thankful for

Icon.
Of course I am thankful for my family and friends.  I truly lead a charmed life.  I work for an organization that donates millions of dollars annually to hospitals and other charitable organizations.  I travel a lot.  I live in a beautiful city.  I have a husband that says "I love you" and then, every once in a while pauses after saying that and says "I really do".
I kissed him goodbye one morning as the elevator arrived and the woman on the elevator complained that she wished her husband "still" did that.  Who stops?
I gotta say, though, that I am really thankful this year for some impressive women.  I know: celebrities lead charmed lives.  We oughtn't look up to them because there are more real heroes in our communities like our paramedics, our teachers, volunteers.  However, I'm just hella impressed with Jennifer Lawrence speaking out about the pay gap, Shonda Rhimes taking on abortion and Planned Parenthood in the same episode.
And just everything about Amy Schumer.

2 comments:

  1. Good post, I agree with you. The next time you see that woman in the elevator tell her, be the change you want to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. The way the basics escape some people escapes me sometimes.

      Delete