Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Back in therapy. Raise your hand if you saw that coming.

Declan excited about a rock.  Best.  Nephew.  Ever.
Not even really sure where to start.  How about let's do mental, physical and then emotional.  That way we can end on a high note.
The job is like an episode of "The Office" gone horribly awry.  Whereas "The Office" showcased bumbling idiots that really did have hearts of gold even though they weren't aware of their social gaffes, my job is just a day to day showcase of social retardation and inconsideration.  I don't even know where to begin.
Is it with my boss that literally talks to herself all day?  Is it with the receptionist that held her nose whenever I came near her for the first few days because I was wearing perfume (no one told me it was a scent free environment), who doesn't hold her nose when another employee arrives daily, seemingly doused in aftershave?  Or maybe the accountant who purports to be an athlete even though he appears about six months pregnant, who regales me about his cricket matches?
Therapy's been fun.  Again.  Actually, in reality it's been very helpful since I've gone back.  Hard to see the forest for the trees and all that.  I'd go into more detail, but not only would that be a whole other post, it would be a whole other freaking blog.  What goes on in my tiny head is fascinating... for me and my therapist, at least.
My awesome family.
Physically... fell off the exercise wagon for a few days.  Again - always part of a downwards spiral for my mental health.  On the upside, I got back on the wagon and I've been really getting out there on the road bike.  Tucked away 73k this past Sunday morning.  Starting to feel more confident (though still not confident enough to reach down and pull out the water bottle without feeling like I'm going to wipe out).  Road bikes are fast. This past weekend I practiced using the drop handlebars to get into a tuck going downhill and damn if I'm not hitting 45+ kilometres an hour.  And I am a very conservative rider.
I've pretty much decided to take the road bike to the Medio I have in a few weeks, which I did last year on my hybrid.  I'll be interested to see if my time improves, and by how much.  But the Whistler GranFondo is still scaring the shit out of me.  As it should.
This past weekend was good.  Did the ride, went for sushi, met an old friend for coffee, and got together with my family to celebrate my brother's birthday.  Went for a couple of walks.  Tomorrow we have an invite for a ride down to Dundarave to check out the Canada Day fireworks.  It's nice to have nice people in your life.
So this is my exciting life.  Aren't you glad you tuned in?

3 comments: