Monday, April 13, 2015

Regarding news that is newsworthy

The view.  With my crap phone, no less.
I ran fourteen miles yesterday.  Not a big deal by any standard, but I haven't run that far since Boston 2013.
I'm not 100% sure why I fell off the marathon wagon after doing ten of them in a row (aside from the bombing, which was incredible).  I went from running two or three marathons a year to none.  Yeah, there was that iron deficiency thing that needed sorting out, but I think I was just frustrated with everything.  Maybe it was my mid life crisis, although I thought I already had my mid life crisis in 2009 after my dad died, I lost my job, drank Dewar's in a bathtub and fucked my proverbial secretary.
I'm glad I'm running seriously again.  It was a significant run for me on Sunday, and I did it alone and with no support which made the "victory" all the more sweet.  And I was pretty fast, which surprised me.  I can never not run.  I've said it before and here it is again, but honestly: I will go insane if I stop running.
The other thing that I came to the conclusion about this weekend was about my friends.  I have amazing friends.  I try and try and try to do everything on my own, but sometimes that's not possible.  Asking for help is a sign of weakness.  Fucking up is a sign of weakness. Not having all the answers is a sign of weakness.  And for the first time I've started asking my friends for help, and not only have they been accommodating, but they've been encouraging and accepting.  I am so grateful and so lucky to have such amazing people in my life.
It's a work in progress.  I'm a a work in progress.  I'm just so glad that so many people seem to have my back throughout this.
Funnest blog post ever, no?

1 comment: