Thursday, August 7, 2014

So, then.

It's been six years and I still can't get past it.
I guess that's the point.
I remember the time that there was phosphorescence in the water when we were kayaking, and when we pulled up our footsteps glowed in the sand.
I remember the time we camped in Tofino and we put my shorts on the antenna of the car to dry them on the way home.
I recall looking at electric bikes with you which were way before their time in Nanaimo, and (regrettably) not being interested.
I miss the phone calls when you were so clearly in the bathtub when you called me.
I miss seeing all the changes that you'd made every year on the property at Lasqueti.
It is what it is.
You missed Declan.
You missed our "wedding", for whatever that was worth.
We had our issues, but I couldn't have imagined a better father than you.
I miss you so much.
Like, stupid much.  Like the time you changed your order at Subway because the guy in front of you had something more appealing. 
Like the time you put a rose in the little vase next to my bed at Lasqueti.
So, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment