Thursday, August 7, 2014

In happier news

Not my pic, but this was part of today's run.  Not too shabby.
Today was actually a decent day at work.  There have been a lot of staffing changes in my department, and I even temporarily have a new boss, and she's awesome.  She sent me this link today because she knows it's right up my alley.  I think my favourite part is "the winner of the annual contest was John Milliken, lecturer in education at the University of Ulster for his student’s claim that ‘the [hole in the] ozone layer was caused by a*******s. Dr Milliken said: ‘He probably meant aerosols, but then…maybe not.’"
So then I replied that Jomamma had posted something on FB about how to comfort a grammar Nazi.  It's by patting them on the back and saying "They're, their, there". 
IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S TRUE.
The only mistake I have ever made (in my life) was when I made a comment about dessert, but I instead wrote "desert".  Michael was all over it in seconds.  And this is a guy that writes "I love you to" (and when I pointed that out he started writing things like "I love you two" and "I love you 2").
On a day when I was still feeling a little down, it was nice to have a good laugh with some coworkers, one of whom is eight months pregnant and encouraged me to touch her stomach, which I did and then said "that's kind of weird" to which she replied "only you would say that".
Went for a nice, flat run in the sunshine after work.  If there's one thing about Vancouver's seawall, it's that there are actually two things: it's flat; and there are a lot of shirtless men.  And if there's one thing about me - and there's never just one thing about me - it's that it's a rarity for someone to pass me on the seawall (North Shore ass, baby), and also I deliberately don't look at the shirtless wonders and I can tell out of the corner of my eye (that I'm faster than them and also) that it drives them nuts.

In other news, Felix threw up some grass on the carpet, but it's still better than what Bean did.  Which I stepped in. 
And also, you should listen to and then download We Go Home for free because I lurve it.

1 comment:

  1. Jomamma... lol, she's not blogging anymore so I don't have to have a alias. Besides, since FB, everyone knows I'm her mom.

    When I was a kid my Aunt gave me a little trick to remember how to spell dessert. It's the thing you want more of so it's the spelling with more S's. I bet she was one helluva teacher. She once told my sister to improve her reading skills and help with her spelling (there, their, they're) she should read more, and if she didn't like to read then she should read raunchy paperbacks. Auntie is 90 and still reading, the raunchier the better.

    ReplyDelete