Tuesday, June 28, 2016

On the upswing

Yeah, so didn’t have a very positive reaction after the last half marathon.  I was 15th out of 85th overall and it was one of the worst half times I have ever had – if not the worst.  Granted, conditions were pretty bad, but I took it way harder than I ought to have.
 Anyways, managed to pick myself back up again and have started working out again.  It’s a double whammy when I stop: I feel guilty; I feel anxious; I don’t like the way I look; I am fatigued.  I always say I can never stop and then I stop and am surprised at the ramifications.
That said, I did have a great weekend.  Went out for dinner and a walk with R on Friday night.  Went for another walk with L on Saturday night since the weather was still stellar. 
On Sunday Michael, my mom and I and Michael drove out to Abbotsford to see my brother and his family.  They took us to Mount Baker where I had never been before.  It was an epic day.  The weather was gorgeous and there was still snow at the top of the mountain.  The views were astounding and my nephew had a blast.
After we got back home we decided to go for a walk around our neighbourhood.  It’s expensive as hell here, but we sure do live in a pretty place!
And here’s hoping tonight’s run doesn’t suck.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a prime example of what happens when you stop doing whatever type of workout you are doing. Don't stop, don't ever stop. And if you do.... just don't.

    ReplyDelete